Morocco’s orphanages receive only about 10% of their operating costs from the Moroccan Government. Orphanages rely on inadequate fundraising and donations to care for the children. Funding may only provide the most minimal needs of a child such as a bed and food.
To help meet the additional living, nutrition and medical needs of children living in four orphanages in Morocco.
- Survey institutional and individual child needs in 4 orphanages in Morocco.
- Identify urgent needs of the facilities and of individual children that are not being met.
- Provide basic resources such as formula, food, clothing and medical care depending on assessed needs of individual orphanage and individual children with important specific needs not met by the facility (such as glasses or dental care for a child).
- Evaluation of Needs by Representative of Boy Scouts of Morocco
- Funding by donations of Adoptive Parents to New Star Kafala
- Additional funding from Boy Scout Fundraising Project or Event